I want to do the the 'Guess the Lyrics' meme/quiz, but I fluffed it up. I had a lovely list drawn up and then I lost it.
So what I have here is as many of them as I could remember, plus a few spares I got when I re-did it today. I skipped the instrumentals (or ones singing nonsense) and also made sure that no artist was represented twice. Some are piss easy, others will be familiar to certain people, others could be very difficult indeed.
No cheating now, good luck:
Step 1:Get your playlist together, put it on random, and play
Step 2:Pick your favorite lines from the first 20 songs that play
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song the lines come from
Step 4: Cross out the songs when someone guesses correctly
PS: no cheating and pasting the lyrics into a search engine!!
1. Sitting by and watch you fall away/Sudden fall, watched you for a day
2. You dream of a girl with silver skin, you dream of a girl cooled and thinned.
3. Pumped with fluid, inside your brain/Pressure in your skull begins pushing through your eyes/Burning flesh, drips away/Test of heat burns your skin, your mind starts to boil
4. Mister Ocean can't you see?/We are begging on our knees/To see the sand/Of some other land Graham Coxon as guessed by lillianmorgan
threw your Lego in the lake/why'd you wanna go do that for? The Delays - Long Time Coming was guessed by calove
And we would go on as though nothing was wrong/And hide from these days we remained all alone. gamiila correctly guessed Joy Division and Transmission
7. you know you've really been so blind/Now's your time burn your mind/You're falling far too far behind.
8. So what's the point of robbery when nothing is worth taking?/it's kind of tough to tell a scruff the big mistake he's making Adam and the Ants - Stand and Deliver got by speakr2customrs
That’s the price that we all pay/Our valued destiny comes to nothing/I can’t tell you where we’re going/I guess there was just no way of knowing hils got in just marinally before speakr2customrs to get New Order's True Faith
I never felt magic crazy as this/I never saw moons knew the meaning of the sea vagablonde got Nick Drake's Northern Sky (this is one of the songs I have no idea about)
11. I'm living a fake/People say, "you are entitled to and great."/But i haven't wrote for 90 days
12. And when the sap first rose/Back in the days/You thought you'd play it smart/The trail of broken hearts, yeah.
13. Put away your cigarettes/And your high class attitude/Turn emotion to devotion/Baby i can see it in you too/We all hail hail from rock and roll /From behind a glass case
14. The door flies wide, a crunching blow hits from behind/I'm wet with sweat and handcuffed to the TV set...
You know the shape my breath will take before I let it out/Stand like you did when I was beauty-marked in your eyeslillianmorgan has rightly guessed Belly, Now they'll Sleep
16. I'm about to drop/My head's a mess/The only salvation is I'll never see you again speakr2customrs got Dead Kennedy's Too Drunk to Fuck.
Your performance deserving a standing ovation/And who would have thought it'd be the two of us No Doubt's Hella Good was guessed correctly by mistraltoes
Listen to the waves as they all crash down/And watch the fire as it slowly burns away/Glowing embers fly across the sky speakr2custmrs got the Lost Prophets ans This Summer
20. I say the time has come for decision/Better steer my boat for a reason/ Lost on the way I went over horizon