Step One - Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ.
The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want. - Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list.
And now here's the important part: - If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it. You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call. There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. The thing that I really want but can't tell you what it is otherwise it won't be the thing I really want.
2. A cleaner.
3. The ability to concentrate and finish the WIP faster.
4. A nice new man that fits my exacting requirements.
5. To be (much) thinner and to have my self esteem back.
6. Someone to make me something nice, like an icon for the WIP or somesuch.
7. Cider! sweet or medium sweet please.
8. A nice dark and angsty Spuffy fic to replace the Spuffy ficathon story I never got (I can't remember what I asked for). I want my heart ripped out, but a happy ending is up to you.
9. My bathroom fixed.
10. FEED ME FEEDBACK, SEYMOUR!!! The ego needs a regular stroking. It's taken a battering of late.
One of my wish list items has already happened - a ban on Fox Hunting in England And Wales. Yay! I would have commented earlier, but somehow it all seems like an anti-climax. (Like the year 2000). But I'm pleased.